POSTURE BREAKDOWN: Warrior 2 (Virabhadrasana 2)
Warrior 2 (Virabhadrasana 2)
Step-By-Step (right foot is pointed towards the front of your mat for this example)
- Right foot is facing the front of your mat and your left foot is parallel to the back edge of your mat. Your feet are perpendicular to each other.
- Remember to press the outer edge of your left foot into the ground.
- Left leg is straight and your thigh/kneecap is engaged and lifted.
- Right knee is at a 90 degree angle and over your right ankle (keep your knee from drifting inward (to the left)).
- Shoulders are over your hips and away from your ears.
- Arms are straight and parallel to the ground reaching from fingertip to fingertip.
- Gaze is strong and over the front middle fingertip.
- Hold for 3-8 breaths.
- After 3-8 breaths, transition into the next pose.
Benefits (Source: Yoga Journal)
- This pose is great for strengthening and stretching multiple parts of your body.
- Stimulates abdominal organs.
- Increases stamina.
- Therapeutic for carpal tunnel syndrome, flat feet, infertility, osteoporosis, and sciatica.
Prep Poses (do these before W2)
Follow-Up Poses (do these after W2)
- Any poses